Do you have the energy and vision to inspire our hard-working community?
Closing Date: 9am, Monday 28th November 2022
Interviews: 5th & 6th December 2022
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: L26 – L32
Castle School is a Cambridgeshire maintained area special school with 220 pupils aged 3 – 19 years, with its main site in a residential area to the north of Cambridge city centre.
The Governing Body wish to appoint an experienced and far-sighted leader to continue and build on our achievements so far. You will need to combine a detailed knowledge and experience of special education with an ability to inspire and work with our creative and innovative staff and the wider school community.
- We occupy a purpose-built, state-of-the-art building near Cambridge city centre and a second site in the east of the city.
- Our facilities include on-site therapy, swimming pool and sensory provision.
- We have a skilled, hardworking, dedicated and stable staff team of over 100 employees, supported by committed governors, parents and the wider community.
- We are a therapeutic school where everyone is valued and respected, encouraged to reach their full potential and where all achievements however small are celebrated.
- We have an Ofsted rating of Good Provider (July 2017).
- We encourage prospective applicants to seek further information by visiting our school website www.castleschool.info or by contacting the Chair of Governors, Nick Brenton, NBrenton@castle.cambs.sch.uk
- You are committed to further developing our therapeutic child and family centred school.
- You can inspire colleagues to achieve the very best opportunities and outcomes for all our young people.
- You have the ability to innovate; to embrace and manage further developments.
- You can demonstrate proven leadership skills working across multiple sites.
- You have a commitment to, and will foster and maintain, a culture of excellence.
We highly recommend arranging a visit to our school. Please contact us at email@example.com or telephone 01223 442400.
Application packs are available to download at the bottom of this page.
Applications forms to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to HR Consultancy – Headship, EPM Ltd, St John’s House, Spitfire Close, Ermine Business Park, Huntingdon, PE29 6EP
Application Deadline: 9am Monday 28th November 2022
Castle School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be carried out on the successful candidate.