Maths Half Term at Castle
Lots of exciting activities on offer during Maths Half-Term at Castle School.
We are really excited about our Maths Half-Term.
Our work will focus on consolidating our understanding of number and also developing our awareness of money and budgeting skills which links really nicely to the opening of our Pop-Up Christmas Shop at Arbury Court (more details to follow) and our school based enterprise projects which are being organised in our Sixth Form.
We are in the process of developing a shopping project with a range of local stores and supermarkets to bring what we learn at school to a range of different contexts. We are interested in working with parents to ensure positive experiences of shopping - we would love to hear some of your ideas about how best we can support this!
- Throughout this half-term, we will be offering lots of shopping opportunities including role play areas, class cafés and outings to different shopping locations. Our Sixth Form will also be developing their enterprise work!
- Friday 12th November: Lion Learners will be visiting us with a variety of animals teaching us maths in a different way!
- Monday 29th November: Christmas Pop-Up Shop Grand Opening
- Look out for email invitation to a Zoom meeting on Tuesday 23rd November to share your ideas for how we can support you with your shopping experiences in your local area!
- Some ideas of how you can bring learning maths into your daily routines.