Health and Welfare
The school must be informed of all medication taken regularly by your child. Any to be dispensed during school time must be clearly labelled and in original packaging. Medication should be handed to a member of the Class Team via the Bus Escort or the adult delivering the child. Medication must not be left in school bags. Please keep us informed of any changes as soon as possible.
Some pupils have ongoing medical needs and medical support is provided by a highly qualified nurse and medical support team. Our nurse provides emergency medical cover as well as giving support and guidance to school staff administering medication or undertaking other medical procedures with individual children.
We have staff specifically trained in First Aid who support young people accessing school life.
In liaison with parents and health professionals, Individual Care Plans are in place for children where appropriate.
In case of a medical emergency where your child needs to go to hospital, we will contact you immediately and a member of our staff will stay with your child until you arrive.
We ask that your child does not attend school if they are unwell and specifically not for 48 hours after an episode of sickness or diarrhoea has cleared up.
Castle School fully recognises its responsibilities for Child Protection. Our Policy applies to all staff, Governors and volunteers working in the school.
- We practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children
- We raise awareness of Child Protection issues and equip our pupils with the skills needed to keep them safe
- We have procedures firmly in place for identifying and reporting cases or suspected cases, of abuse
- We support pupils in accordance with their agreed Child Protection Plan
- We have established and maintained an environment where our pupils feel secure, are encouraged to communicate and are listened to
We have four trained designated people and the Headteacher who are responsible for Child Protection issues. There is also a Governor responsible for Children Protection. We train all our staff in Child Protection issues.